With the current pandemic, some anthropology seniors are questioning how they will complete the required 3 credit hours in ANTH 3398 (Internship) or ANTH 3397 (Practicum). If you’ve been struggling to find an internship this summer, our amazing faculty would like to offer the following research projects as online practicums (ANTH 3397) that can be completed this summer.
Please reach out to the individual faculty member listed if you are interested in their project. Registration for ANTH 3397 will only be made available after you coordinate with that professor.
The Effectiveness of Indigenous Peacebuilding in Indigenous Context through an analysis of the Human Relations Area Files (HRAF) with Dr. Brandon Lundy. Email Dr. Lundy for more information and check out his faculty web page.
• Document public anthropology education projects
• Create fun and educational activities to teach anthropology to the public
• Learn about anthropology pedagogy
• Interview alumni and write a series of articles for our Dept. website
• Gain interviewing and writing skills
• Explore interesting careers
South Asia Archaeology Radiocarbon Analysis with Dr. Teresa Raczek. Email Dr. Raczek for more information.
• Contribute to radiocarbon database using published data
• Learn about 3rd millennium BCE archaeological sites
• Learn how to do simple analyses of radiocarbon data
Visual and Media Analysis of a Global Pandemic: Ethnographic Perspectives on Community Responses with Dr. Debarati Sen.